Saturday, July 15, 2017

EASY VEGAN CORNBREAD


We are from the South, so corn bread has always been a family favorite. Growing up I can remember my grandma making beans and corn bread. I make both now and it brings back such wonderful memories. Smelling this baking is like time traveling back to her table. She loved feeding people, I get that same joy when I feeding people. She taught me so much about cooking, I know she would be proud of this version that is healthy and delicious.

Here's the recipe video if you're interested in seeing how it's made.

Line the bottom of a 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper, no oil or spry required!
In a mixing bowl add the dry ingredients
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour of choice even gluten free all purpose ( I used whole wheat pastry)
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
pinch of salt (optional)

In a liquid measuring cup add
1 cup unsweetened plant milk (I used almond)
2 teaspoons vinegar (I used white)
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 Tablespoons maple syrup

Instructions
Add dry ingredients together into a large bowl and mix thoroughly, add liquid to dry and mix just until combined.
Pour batter into a parchment lined pan, or muffin pan.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let it rest for 5 mins before cutting, or flipping onto a serving plate.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment